Daddy's blog for Maddy

This is a special blog for my daughter Maddy. Please do enjoy along with us.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Dear Maddy,

I have decided to make a special blog for you. A blog is like a letter in the mail except this one is on the computer. I will update this blog now and then when something happens and/or I have pictures to show you.

This first blog is about Leland and me going to the beach.

It was Saturday and I was watching Leland. Around 6:00 PM I asked Leland what he wanted to do. He said, “I don’t know. What do you want to do?”

It had already been a hot day so I said, “Let’s go to the beach!”

Leland said, “Okay!” Off we went to the beach.

I could see that we had some time before the sunset so when we got to Santa Cruz I decided to head north a little bit. I found a nice little beach and we stopped. Gathering all our stuff, mostly my camera equipment, we headed for the beach. There lots of sand dunes. I wanted to get a picture on the tallest one. When we got there is was windy, so windy it blew my hat off. Luckily for me it didn’t go very far.

Remember the time when you and I were at the beach in Santa Barbara? We walked out to the end of the pier and there were these great big birds. They were called pelicans. Well while we were up on the top of the dune hill some pelicans flew over. There were a lot of them. Some birds fly south for the winter because it is usually warmer in the south. There birds were going north to return for the summer. There were a few nice pictures here but it was way too windy to stay so we headed down to the beach.

On both side of this small beach there were large cliffs. Leland found a large wood pile in the shape of a tee pee. While I was shooting pictures Leland ducked away behind this wood pile tee pee. The wind was wild down here on the beach. Leland took his long sleeved shirt and wrapped it around his head. He really looked silly. He kept saying how cold and windy it was but I thought it was okay.

Leland wanted to carve his name into a piece of wood in the tee pee.

I had lots of time to shoot this great sunset. And when I was finished I started to take pictures of Leland. Then I asked him to take some pictures of me. It was fun I jumped in the air pretended to be off balance and then tried to do cart wheels. One time I fell in the sand.

Leland gave the camera back and I shot some more pictures. He was pretty good and could almost do a hand stand. He jumped around and tried to do a cart wheel too. We had lots of fun.

I hope you have enjoyed my blog for you. Come back soon to find a new story just for you.

Love,
Daddy


















































0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home